When you look at the label on a tube of toothpaste, you will find a lot of words that are difficult to pronounce. Most of them are not very good for you. That is why I make my own toothpaste. Here is the recipe I use.
- 4 Tablespoons food grade Diatomaceous Earth
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Bentonite Clay (If you don’t want to use the clay substitute with Baking soda or Diatomaceous Earth.)
- 15 Drops of an Essential Oil (Whatever is your favorite. I like Peppermint or spearmint, but you could use root beer if you want 😉 )
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (The link is for one of the best coconut oils I have tried)
Combine everything but the Oils and mix well. Then add the essential oil and coconut oil and mix again, very well. Then just pour into your container. If using the clay use a wooden spoon to stir.
When it is cold it will harden up, I just scrape it out with my toothbrush. When it is hot it will get runny. I just mix it up with my brush. You could use less coconut oil if you don’t want it runny.
The links in the ingredients list will take you to that products page in Amazon.
May your teeth sparkle like the brightest stars in the sky!